Our first ocean batch inspired by Maine's Casco Bay. Colored in Ocean Green with Sea Foam color wraps, this batch is perfect for New England Stripers, Steelhead, Salmon, Tarpon and other bigger fighting fish. The Casco Bays medium action is perfect for throwing line with great control in coastal conditions.
The 8w comes with a 7" Full Wells AA Cork handle with burnt ends and the 10w an 8" Full Wells AA Cork handle. Both come with fighting butt. Lightweight yet rugged.
This batch features:
- 9', 8w & 10w options
- Ocean Green colored blank with Sea Foam colored wraps
- AA cork handles with a 7" Full Wells w/burnt ends for the 8w and a 8" Full Wells without on the 10w. Both w/burnt end fighting butt
- Silver snake guides w/ 16 and 12 stripping guides and hook keeper
- Lightweight black aluminum reel seat
- Finished with the signature Maine Fly Co branded on the handle
- Comes in black canvas rod sock. (Add a rod tube and protect your investment for $30)
Maine has 3,478 miles of coastline and over 5,000 miles of coast if you include all of the islands as well. Casco Bay surrounds the Greater Portland area and is the quintessential post card for New England. The Casco Bay watershed covers nearly 1000 square miles. Whether you want to fish for mackerel, cod, haddock, striped bass, bluefish, shark, or tuna, there is a season for it.