As featured in Maine Magazines Nov 2019 Best of Maine Buyers Guide!
The West Branch is a deep blue matte finished 6w perfect for all the this stretch of the Penobscot has to offer or wherever your favorite watering hole. A responsive moderate action 9' staple. The colors of this one reflect the deepest blue waters and the rocky shores that make up the rivers edge. The timeless colors of this one reflect the rugged beauty the West Branch offers, with the performance it demands.
This batch features:
-4 Piece, 9' 6W
- Deep Matte finished Navy Blue Rod w/ Light Granite colored wraps.
- Burl Dark Wood swirled reel seat with lightweight yet rugged gunmetal finished hardware
- Single footed chrome guides with a chrome swivel hook keeper
- 2 AAA Grip Options: 7' Reverse Half Wells or 8" Full Wells
- Finished with the signature Maine Fly Co branded handle
-Delivered in a Black Canvas Rod Sack (add a rod tube only and protect your investment ,$30)
Continuing on with our Penobscot series...The West Branch is downstream from Seboomook Lake, just north of Moosehead Lake, is noted for both wild brook trout and landlocked salmon. The river is accessible by gravel road from either Greenville or Millinocket.
Northwest of Millinocket is renowned for its landlocked salmon fishery. The heavy rapids, deep runs, large pools, and two sections of slower moving water in the 12 miles of river immediately downstream from Ripogenus Dam at the outlet of Chesuncook Lake offer a variety of opportunities to fish for salmon. The icing on the cake here is the exceptionally scenic setting.